20110325

First Dose

Being sick and alone in a hotel room in an unfamiliar city is an extremely lonely experience and is not what I was anticipating prior to my departure from NYC. The excitement of being able to explore Chicago is now replaced by physical exhaustion which is further compounded by the chilly and windy weather. I woke up to an overcast sky and temperatures in the 20s F. Meanwhile, in an attempt to minimize this feeling of coryza (my throat burns and there is mucus coming from my nose and lungs), I went to CVS and bought some super combo cold medication which has Tylenol, phenylephrine, DXM, and guaifenesin (a cough suppressant and expectorant--weird). Unfortunately I forgot that I have to start taking my Larium today--so in a matter of 5 minutes I probably swallowed 5 different medications. I will keep track of the vivid dreams that are supposed to be a common side effect of Larium, though the cold and other medications might account for the bizarre dreams. What confounders!

I think it's time to snuggle up against some sheets and watch a movie.

No comments: