20070722

Tace

Every time I meet a big talker I have to strong urge to subvert their conceit, but my personality is too subdued for that. The notion of travel is bizarre and really I'm not in the right analytical shape to think about it right now (my mind is as about as doughy as my body is), but I feel as if it's fetishized by many. (Look, I have gone here here and--here. Mapped out, blue, lavender, lived, glanced, want) ("I promised myself that I would spend my birthday in a different country for the next decade.") I don't know. Plans and projects to make money---markers of hot air. "Just do it...you can do amazing things, blah blah. What's stopping you?" The longing in my heart draws me back. Motion without thought--the ultimate apotheosis of the post-modern dilemma.

Went to the DMZ today but the bus tour was so removed from the actual border. Went to the 3rd tunnel. Tense longing---

I'm incoherent but that's okay. I'll be home soon.

No comments: