20060331

In Between Molecules of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide

The sunlight beams at my mole eyes. “The sun that emanates from your teeth”, you say, “is the sun that illuminates everything else in my life.” I laugh at how unoriginal your words are, missing the tenderness that lies in the interstices.

“I have big teeth and they’re yellow. There’s nothing pretty about that,” I reply.

“You know the suprasternal notch?” You pause for a moment and flip through your catalogue of memories. I imagine you smile and we wait for an answer that doesn’t come. After a few minutes of silence I chuckle a little and all I can think about is how you’re six thousand miles away.


(I’ve got your letter, you’ve got my song.)

***

Patomime: let us find ourselves dislocated.
Joints reattached only to discover a reversal
In missed gap junctions.
Refusal and inability to articulate reasons for distaste.
Your aphorisms mean nothing to me.

No comments: